What are the disadvantages of XML?
Following are the disadvantages of XML:
• XML will be just a text file if elements and attributes are not defined properly.
• Overlapping markup is not permittedView
What are the benefits of XML?
Benefits of XML are
• Simple to read and understand
• XML can be done with a text editor
• Extensibility – No fixed tags
• Self – descriptive
• Can embed multiple data typesView
How can I include conditional statements in XML?
We cannot include conditional statement as like programming language.
This can be done by using Document Type Definition(DTD).
<xsl:if test="@foo=’bar’"> <xsl:text>Hello, world!</xsl:text> </xsl:if>
Can I replace HTML with XML?
No, XML is not a replacement of HTML. XML provides an alternative approach to define own set of markup elements, and it is used for processing and storing data.View
Whether graphics can be used in XML? If so, How?
Yes, Graphics can be included in XML by using XLink and XPointer specifications. It supports graphic file formats like GIF, JPG, TIFF, PNG, CGM, EPS and SVG.
<description xlink:type="simple" xlink:href="http://show.com/Cinema.gif" xlink:show="new"> </description> XPointer: <description xlink:type="simple" xlink:href="http://show.com/Cinema.gif#Shownumber" xlink:show="new"> </description>
What software is available for XML?
There are thousands of programs available for XML and updated list will be present in http://xml.coverpages.org.View
What are the special characters used in XML?
<, > and & are the special characters used in XML. Because these characters are used for making tags.View
Can I execute a XML?
No, we cannot execute XML, and it is not a programming language to execute. It is just a markup language to represent the data.View
What is SGML?
SGML is large and powerful Standard Generalized markup Language which is used to define descriptions of the structure of different types of electronic document.View
Why XML has been used for development?
XML is used for development for following reasons:
• Used for Database driven websites
• Used to store data for e-commerce websites
• Used to transport and store data on internet
• XML is used for database and flat files
• Generate dynamic content by applying different style sheetsView
What is well formed XML document?
A well-formed XML document must follow the following rules –
• Every start tag should end with an end tag
• XML tags are case sensitive
• Empty tags are necessary to close with a forward slash
• All tags should be properly nestedView
What is an XML Schema?
An XML schema gives the definition of an XML document, and it has following:
• Elements and attributes
• Elements that are child elements
• Order of child elements
• Data types of elements and attributesView
Who is responsible for XML?
XML is a recommendation of the W3C – World Wide Web Consortium and the development are supervised by XML working group.View
What is XSL?
XSL is a language used with XML for expressing style sheets as like CSS. It describes how to display an XML document for a given type.View
What is XML Parser?
What are XML Namespaces?
XML namespaces are used to avoid element name conflicts, and it can be avoided by using prefix before the name.View
How comment can be represented in XML?
Comment can be represented as <!- – comments – -> as like HTML. This comment symbol is applicable for single or multiple lines.View
What is CDATA?
CDATA is unparsed character data that cannot be parsed by the XML parser. Character < and > are illegal in XML elements. CDATA section starts with <![CDATA[“ and end with “]]>”.View
What is XML Element?
An XML document contains XML Elements, and it starts from an element’s start tag to end tag. It can contain:
• Other elements within main element
• An Attribute
What are the basic rules while writing XML?
These are the basic rules while writing XML:
• All XML should have a root element
• All tags should be closed
• XML tags are case sensitive
• All tags should be nested properly
• Tag names cannot contain spaces
• Attribute value should appear within quotes
• White space is preservedView
© 2017 QuizBucket.org